Thursday, October 16, 2008

Snug as a Bug in a Rug

So apparently Lucas is very snuggly in my tummy or he is just too afraid to come out and face this crazy world (or maybe just his mama). Doc says I'm STILL not dialated!!! Not even 1 cm!!! Therefore, he advises against inducing because at this rate it could take days. So the plan is for me to go in on Monday morning and have a Non Stress Test and see how baby is doing.

If all looks well, then I have two choices. If I absolutely can't take it any longer, he will admit me Wednesday and induce me then, or, I can wait til Sat (one week past due date) and be induced then. He will not let me go any further than one week past, so that's at least something to look fwd to. Now, I mentioned an ultrasound before, but we are foregoing that because that would only be to confirm my decision to have a c-section, which I don't want unless ABSOLUTELY neccesary.

If, God forbid, there is a problem Monday, he will send me to hospital and admit me then, but so far baby's heartbeat is good, he's still moving around and I'm not leaking any fluid, so all should be fine.

So I'm done with all the wives tales for now. The only one I haven't tried is the castor oil and I'm too afraid to end up with diarrhea to try that one. This baby will have to come out on his own or he will be forced out by Dr. I keep telling him he doesn't want that cuz then he will be entering the world all pissed off and crabby and that's no way to start your life, but obviously he's not worried about it. He'd rather drive me crazy for a little while longer!

I've come to the conclusion that basically I'm just going to give birth to a ginormous baby and half his clothes will go to Good Will cuz none of them will fit and mommy, trying to be prepared took all the tags off and washed them. Yay! He has plenty of 0-3 months clothes, but all the cute NB stuff will most likely be too small.

Oh well, off to study...sorry this is taking so long...BELIEVE ME, NOBODY WANTS HIM OUT MORE THAN ME!!! :)

1 comment:

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

He'll be here before you know it. And I don't think you'll have to wait until next Saturday. Right, Lucas!!??!!!