Monday, June 30, 2008

Just a brief update...

So I just realized it's been quite a while since I last posted...sorry bout that guys! Not too much is going on. I had a cold about a week or so ago and did not feel like doing anything! But I made it thru...all better now!

This past Friday I drove out to Beecher to visit my gf Jody and she threw me a mini shower. Well, not really, but she gave me alot of stuff! Her neighborhood was having garage sale days and she found quite a few items in new or almost new condition (including a portable swing, a playmat and a few other crib/cradle toys and floor toys)! In addition, she gave me part of my shower gift already! I told her she wasn't allowed to give it to me yet, but there was no use arguing with her...she won. She gave us (Lucas and I) alot of great stuff! A special thermometer and special nail clippers, a few books for mommy to read, including Healthy Baby Happy Sleep Habits (one I will be sure to read!), some cute little clothes and socks, receiving blankets (that match the onesies Grandma Bernard gave him a few weeks ago) and much more! She's crazy! I'm now beginning to realize how small our townhome really is...where am I going to put all this baby stuff!?!? Lol!

On my way home from Jody's I stopped off at my parent's house since the whole family was hanging out there except for me, including my hubby. My sis gave me her Medela Breast Pump to borrow (minus the accessories which will be on the registry) and a few cute little outfits, including two little Cubby outfits (I bought them for Emma when she was a baby but I don't think she would even dare to put those on Kendall now considering they are living with my parent's and my brother, HUGE Sox fans) and a sweet little white sweater-like one piece (picture overalls) with green and yellow stars and a matching hat. Score again! We sure are lucky to have such great friends and family!

Well besides the fact that Lucas is getting stronger and my glucose test is July 24th, nothing else is really new with us. I will have to post belly pix since I haven't in 7 weeks! Yikes! I'm terrible! I used to post pics at work and now I'm not able to and the last thing I want to do when I finally get home (around 6:45), make dinner and eat (now it's 8:00) is sit in front of the computer again, so sorry for the lack of posts. Oh! and don't forget the Avon stuff and my school...wow I'm busy! Lol! Anyways, they will get here eventually, just keep checking back.

1 comment:

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Yes, belly pix please, although nothing beats seeing the real thing. You look absolutely adorable!