Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The First Appointment!


So after three tests, I took one more at week 5. I needed to see the word 'Pregnant' in order to believe it. So, I asked Todd to stop on his way home from work and pick up a digital test. I took the fourth test the next morning, on Saturday and again....surprise! It was positive! But this time it said Pregnant, it wasn't just a faint blue or pink line. Wow! I'm really pregnant!
So our first appointment was this past Monday. I chose a dr. who's office is right around the corner from our home so it's very convenient! He seemed nice as did the girls in the brand new, clean (very important :)) office. He just kept saying, "You're really early!", like he was surprised...I told them I was only six weeks. Did he think I was wrong? Ha!
So here's out first baby pic...can you see him/her? It's the little dot off to the far right inside the black bean looking shape. :) We didn't get to hear the heartbeat, but we saw it. The dr. pointed out how the dot seemed to be blinking..."that's the heartbeat" he said. Wow! I could almost cry just thinking about it again.
Our next appointment is March 27th, but check back, I have a feeling there may be a few posts between now and then (I need to complain to someone!).

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful first picture!

Anonymous said...

Looks just like his/her parents :-) Oh my gosh, I am SO excited. Can't wait to meet 'the littlest Ervin'.

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Cutest little dot I ever saw! ;)